Venue: Hollybank Room, Public Service Plaza, Civic Centre Road, Havant, Hants PO9 2AX. View directions
Contact: Mark Gregory and Nicholas Rogers Democratic Services
To receive and record apologies for absence.
Apologies for absence were received from Councillors Branson, Shimbart, and D Smith.
Declarations of Interest
There were no declarations of interests.
The Board was given the opportunity to consider and comment upon the Review of Economic Development Service Scrutiny Review undertaken by the Economy, Planning, Development and Prosperity Scrutiny and Policy Development Panel. The Lead for the review presented the report and answered any questions raised. The Cabinet Lead for Economy and Infrastructure Projects and the Director of Operations and Place Shaping were also invited to join the meeting and answer any questions in relation to the report.
a) The Cabinet be recommended to:
(1) endorse the recent officer’s review of the Council’s economic development service and agree that role of the service in the future will be to provide a clear project focus & deliver the outcomes shown in the Appendix to these minutes
(2) direct that the service concentrate in high impact projects and puts minimum resources into the current legacy activities such as market contract management until the impact of new aims and objectives of the economic development service can be evaluated;
(3) agree to the economic development service being provided to the Council by EHDC via a Section 101 Agreement;
(4) reconsider the Council’s current policy of updating CIL rate relative to changing construction costs and inflation to ensure that CIL does not detrimentally affect the economic viability of developments; and
(5) agree to a workshop to establish what the housing economic climate in the Borough should be and to rethink the Council’s strategy for housing delivery in this climate.
(The Board noted that:
(a) the next meeting of the Board had been rescheduled and would be held on 26 September 2017 and not 12 September as previously agreed; and
(b) the agenda for the next meeting would include an item on the 6 Councils’ Contract and would give members of the Board an opportunity to question the Cabinet Lead and relevant officers on progress made with this contract)